UFC Vegas 56 is a little over a week away, and the official poster for the event has finally dropped.
The Fight Night card, which takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 4, 2022, is set to be headlined by heavyweights Alexander Volkov and Jairzinho Rozenstruik. The pair are ranked #7 and #8 in the weight class, respectively.
Rozenstruik was among those sharing the event’s poster on Tuesday.
Coming up next: pic.twitter.com/lF0dO1MZAG
— Jairzinho ‘BIGI BOY’ Rozenstruik (@JairRozenstruik) May 24, 2022
Suriname’s Rozenstruik (12-3), a decorated kickboxer prior to transitioning to MMA, will be looking to bounce back from a loss to Curtis Blaydes in the fight. Volkov (34-10) is in a similar position, having lost to Tom Aspinall back at UFC London this past March.
Rozenstruik will be headlining his fourth UFC event in the match-up. He’s 2-1 in previous main event fights. Volkov has served as UFC headliner six times, he’s 3-3 in main event fights.
Tuesday’s poster puts the focus on the pair’s knockout power: 33 KOs combined. 22 of those belong to Volkov alone. 11 of Rozenstruik’s 12 wins, meanwhile, have come by KO or TKO.
UFC Vegas 56 takes place Saturday, June 4, 2022 with the following fights attached:
- Alexander Volkov vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Dan Ige vs. Movsar Evloev
- Poliana Botelho vs. Karine Silva
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jeff Molina
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Ode’ Osbourne
- Andreas Michailidis vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- Erin Blanchfield vs. JJ Aldrich
- Michael Trizano vs. Lucas Almeida
- Damon Jackson vs. Darrick Minner
- Alex da Silva Coelho vs. Joe Solecki
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Askar Mozharov
- Tony Gravely vs. Johnny Munoz Jr.
- Benoît Saint-Denis vs. Niklas Stolze