The UFC’s July 16, 2022 Fight Night card will mark the promotion’s return to broadcast television.
UFC Long Island, set for the UBS Arena, Belmont Park on Long Island, NY will mark the third time the promotion has aired on ABC. The event is headlined by a featherweight match-up featuring Brian Ortega against Yair Rodriguez.
Promotion officials announced the news in a press release Wednesday.
With UFC events having aired on ABC television twice previously, the July card becomes UFC on ABC 3, for those keeping track of such things. The promotion debuted on the network on January 16, 2021 with a Fight Night card hosted at the Etihad Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, topped by Max Holloway vs. Calvin Kattar.
Three months later, UFC on ABC 2 took place at the Apex in Las Vegas, topped by middleweights Marvin Vettori and Kevin Holland. The promotion has not returned to broadcast TV since. Prior to its deal with ESPN, multiple events were aired on ABC rival FOX television.
Promotion officials announced/confirmed numerous fights Wednesday morning, including previously reported match-ups featuring Askar Askarov, Michelle Waterson, Jack Shore and others.
- Brian Ortega vs. Yair Rodríguez
- Askar Askarov vs. Alex Perez
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Da Un Jung
- Herbert Burns vs. Khusein Askhabov
- Michelle Waterson vs. Amanda Lemos
- Ricky Simón vs. Jack Shore
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Bill Algeo
- Li Jingliang vs. Muslim Salikhov
- Dwight Grant vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Matt Schnell vs. Sumudaerji
- Punahele Soriano vs. Dalcha Lungiambula