The UFC is set to return to Kansas City for the first time since 2017.
On Wednesday, promotion officials announced that the Fight Night card slated for April 15, 2023 will take place at the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, MO. The previously reported main event will see former featherweight champ Max Holloway up against Arnold Allen.
The UFC has touched down in the city on just one prior occasion, visiting Kansas City during the FOX era for UFC on FOX 24. That card, on April 15, 2017, was headlined by then-flyweight champ Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson putting his title on the line against Wilson Reis.
The total gate at the time was just over one million U.S., with over 12,000 in attendance.
The promotion will be returning to the same venue this time out, with the Sprint Center since remained the T-Mobile Center.
In addition to Holloway vs. Allen, a number of key fights have been announced for the UFC’s April 15, 2023 Fight Night event. The co-feature will see Billy Quarantillo taking a step up in competition against Edson Barboza, while bantamweight notable Pedro Munhoz meets Chris Gutierrez.
The card as reported to date breaks down as follows:
- Max Holloway vs. Arnold Allen
- Martin Buday vs. Jake Collier
- Bruna Brasil vs. Denise Gomez
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Azamat Murzakanov
- T.J. Brown vs. Bill Algeo
- Edson Barboza vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Gillian Robertson vs. Piera Rodríguez
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Chris Gutiérrez
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Brady Hiestand
- Lando Vannata vs. Daniel Zellhuber
- Gastón Bolaños vs. Aaron Phillips
- Lucie Pudilová vs. Joselyne Edwards
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.