A pair of lightweight prospects will be in the spotlight next month, as Mateusz Gamrot and Arman Tsarukyan feature in a UFC main event for the first time.
Gamrot (20-1, 1NC) and Tsarukyan (18-2) will top the UFC’s June 25 Fight Night event, Cageside Press has confirmed. Eurosport was first to report the bout’s main event status, which both fighters subsequently confirmed on social media.
To be fair, it’s hard to even call Gamrot a prospect at this point. A proven talent and former KSW double champ, the Polish fighter’s only setback came in his UFC debut, where he lost a close split decision against Guram Kutateladze. The bout was awarded Fight of the Night. Since that October 2020 setback, Gamrot has won three straight fights, finishing Scott Holtzman, Jeremy Stephens, and Carlos Diego Ferreira.
Tsarukyan has won five straight under the UFC banner, and like Gamrot, has not lost since his promotional debut. He’s coming off two straight finishes, and that lone loss? It came against Islam Makhachev.
While not officially announced by the promotion, the UFC’s June 25, 2022 Fight Night event is expected to be held at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following bouts have been reported for the card:
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Tim Elliott vs. Amir Albazi
- Josh Parisian vs. Alan Baudot
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Chris Curtis
- Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Tyson Nam vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sergey Morozov
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Nate Maness
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Tafon Nchukwi