A promising lightweight match-up has been set for UFC 276 this July.
Going down on July 2, 2022, the crown jewel of International Fight Week will see Jalin Turner (12-5) take on Brad Riddell (10-2). Iridium Sports Agency, who represent Turner, announced the news on Monday.
Turner also confirmed the booking, adding “back into my office” on his own social media profile.
“The Tarantula” — who actually collects them — will be looking for his fifth straight win in the fight. Turner most recently finished Jamie Mullarkey via TKO at UFC 272 in March, and has also picked up victories against Uros Medic, Brok Weaver, and Josh Culibao on his current win streak.
A 2018 Contender Series alum, Turner is 5-2 overall in the UFC to date.
Riddell enters the fight looking to return to the win column, after suffering the first defeat of his UFC career. Late last year, Riddell fell in the third round against Rafael Fiziev, victim of a highlight reel spinning wheel kick.
The loss snapped a seven-fight win streak for “Quake,” dating back prior to his UFC run.
UFC 276 is set to take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 2. The card is headlined by middleweight champion Israel Adesanya, taking on Jared Cannonier. A second title fight, which sees featherweight champ Alexander Volkanovski face Max Holloway for the third time, is set as the co-headliner. The following fights have been reported for the event thus far:
- Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Jared Cannonier – for the UFC middleweight championship
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) vs. Max Holloway – for the UFC featherweight championship
- Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira
- Sean O’Malley vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Uriah Hall vs. André Muniz
- Brad Tavares vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- Lauren Murphy vs. Miesha Tate
- Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber
- Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena
- Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller
- Jalin Turner vs. Brad Riddell