Hailey Cowan’s UFC debut has been delayed yet again.
Cowan (7-2), an LFA and Invicta FC veteran who won her way into the UFC on Dana White’s Contender Series last year, has seen her bout with Tamires Vidal (7-1) scratched from this Saturday’s UFC San Antonio card.
Vidal was forced out of the bout due to undisclosed medical reasons, per a statement by the promotion on Thursday.
“Due to a medical issue, Tamires Vidal has been removed from her bantamweight bout with Hailey Cowan. As a result, this bout has been cancelled from this weekend’s card,” the statement read.
With the fight being a late addition to the event, and weigh-ins coming tomorrow, no replacement has been sought.
It’s the second straight booking that has fallen through for Cowan. A match-up with Ailin Perez last month was cancelled when Cowan fell ill. With luck, the third time will be the charm — whenever that might be.
In the meantime, UFC San Antonio, which takes place Saturday, March 25, 2023 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, moves forward with the following match-ups:
- Marlon Vera vs. Cory Sandhagen
- Holly Holm vs. Yana Santos
- Nate Landwehr vs. Austin Lingo
- Andrea Lee vs. Maycee Barber
- Chidi Njokuani vs. Albert Duraev
- Alex Perez vs. Manel Kape
- Daniel Pineda vs. Tucker Lutz
- Steven Peterson vs. Lucas Alexander
- Trevin Giles vs. Preston Parsons
- C.J. Vergara vs. Daniel da Silva
- Manuel Torres vs. Trey Ogden
- Victor Altamirano vs. Vinicius Salvador
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.