The UFC has rather surprisingly released bantamweight Saidyokub Kakhramonov, the fighter announced on Wednesday.
In a series of posts to his since-deleted Twitter account, Kakhramonov (10-3), who went 2-1 inside the octagon, says he was handed his walking papers while looking to book his next fight.
“Before you see my name on the UFC Roster Watch [Twitter account] lol UFC releasing me after 1 loss smh. I never had fair shake in the UFC 3 fights almost in 2 years,” Kakhramonov wrote. “Every time I walked into cage it felt like my debut. Sh*t 3 fights in 2 years? Feels like they brought me in to lose.”
Asked whether he had been given a reason for his release, the 27-year old said “Nope. First told us wait until May or shop around then yesterday they said they want to release me. I was actually looking at that newcomer Japanese fighter [Rinya] Nakamura. Looked amazing I thought that would be a great challenge for me.”
Nakamura won the Road to UFC bantamweight tournament at UFC Vegas 68 this past Saturday.
Saidyokub Kakhramonov was a former CFFC bantamweight champ who made his UFC debut in 2021, submitting Trevin Jones by guillotine choke. He returned in July 2022 where he won a unanimous decision over Ronnie Lawrence, before falling to Said Nurmagomedov this past December — his first and only loss in the UFC.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.