A promising lightweight scrap is being lined up for May’s UFC 288 in New Jersey.
Drew Dober (26-11, 1NC) has been booked against Matt Frevola (10-3-1) as part of the PPV card at the Prudential Center on May 6, 2023 in Newark, NJ.
Frevola announced the news on social media on Thursday.
“The Steamrolla” had a very successful 2022 campaign, winning a pair of fights against Genaro Valdéz and Ottman Azaitar, knocking out both inside of a round. The Huntington, NY native has been with the UFC since 2017, after picking up a win on Dana White’s Contender Series to break into the promotion.
Frevola trains at the Serra-Longo Fight Team and is known from bringing the pressure — or as he puts it, “all gas, no brakes.” Which makes him the perfect opponent for the similarly styled Dober in what could be fighting’s equivalent to a high-speed car crash.
Dober also had a wildly successful 2022, winning three fights against Terrance McKinney, Rafael Alves, and Bobby Green. The 34-year old has won back-to-back post-fight bonuses, a Performance of the Night against Alves and Fight of the Night opposite Green.
All three of Dober’s wins in 2022 also came inside the distance, all ending by KO/TKO.
UFC 288 is set to feature a bantamweight title fight between champion Aljamain Sterling and the returning Henry Cejudo, coming back from retirement. The following match-ups have been reported for the card thus far:
- Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. Henry Cejudo — for the UFC bantamweight championship
- Charles Oliveira vs. Beneil Dariush
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Kron Gracie vs. Charles Jourdain
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Devin Clark
- Andre Petroski vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Nate Maness vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Khaos Williams vs. Rolando Bedoya
- Daniel Santos vs. Johnny Muñoz Jr.
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Drew Dober vs. Matt Frevola
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.