Former Olympian Mark Madsen of Denmark will return to the octagon in something of a late addition to UFC Vegas 63.
Madsen (12-0) will compete for the second time in a calendar year for the first time since 2019 when he takes on Drakkar Klose (13-2-1) in a lightweight contest at the UFC’s October 29, 2022 Fight Night event.
Madsen, who won a silver medal in Greco-Roman Wrestling at the 2016 Olympic Games, has yet to taste defeat in his professional career. Most recently, he picked up a unanimous decision win at UFC 273 in April.
Klose has fought twice in 2022, winning both outings after missing all of 2021. In April, he finished Brandon Jenkins early in the second round at UFC Vegas 51. He returned in July, winning a unanimous decision at UFC 277 against Rafa Garcia.
UFC Vegas 63 will take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 29, 2022. The card is expected to be headlined by featherweight action, as Calvin Kattar takes on Arnold Allen. The following match-ups have been reported for the card thus far:
- Calvin Kattar vs. Arnold Allen
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- Kleydson Rodrigues vs. Vinícius Salvador
- Park Jun-yong vs. Joseph Holmes
- Jared Vanderaa vs. Waldo Cortes-Acosta
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Steve Garcia vs. Chase Hooper
- Roman Dolidze vs. Phil Hawes
- Christian Rodriguez vs. Garrett Armfield
- Max Griffin vs. Tim Means
- Mark Madsen vs. Drakkar Klose