A women’s strawweight match-up booked for December 17 will see Cheyanne Vlismas return to the octagon for the first time in just over a year.
Vlismas (7-2) will face off against Cory McKenna (7-2) at the Fight Night event. Multiple sources confirmed the match-up to Cageside Press following an initial report by Alex Behunin.
Sporting identical professional records, the pair are both coming off wins in their last outing, with Vlismas having won two straight. However, she’s been out of action since December 4, 2021 when “The Warrior Princess” earned a unanimous decision win over Mallory Martin.
Originally scheduled for an October 1 date with Tabatha Ricci, Vlismas pulled out of the bout due to personal reasons.
Cory “Poppins” McKenna got back in the win column in August, submitting Miranda Granger with a Von Flue choke. She had previously suffered the first defeat of her UFC tenure when she dropped a decision to Elise Reed at UFC London in March.
The UFC’s December 17, 2022 Fight Night event is expected to be the promotion’s final event of the calendar year. A middleweight pairing featuring contenders Sean Strickland and Jared Cannonier headlines. The following bouts have been reported for the card to date:
- Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland
- Jamal Pogues vs. Tafon Nchukwi
- Julian Marquez vs. Deron Winn
- Sergey Morozov vs. Journey Newson
- Amir Albazi vs. Alex Perez
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Albert Duraev
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Michael Morales vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- Rafa García vs. Hayisaer Maheshate
- Cheyanne Vlismas vs. Cory McKenna