Alonzo Menifield TKOs Askar Mozharov
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Share this article
Alonzo Menifield used the crucifix position to his maximum advantage on Saturday when he finished Askar Mozharov at UFC Fight Night 207.
Menifield wasted no time putting Mozharov with a superior ground game. After some early exchanges, he advanced into the ground position and pinned his opponent to the mat before unleashing a flurry of elbows to get the TKO stoppage at the 4:40 mark of Round 1.
Check out the replay below (via Twitter):
These elbows were VICIOUS 💪😤 #UFCVegas56 pic.twitter.com/o7CSbq0jIy
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 4, 2022
Mozharov got big attention on himself for an odd reason coming into UFC Fight Night 207. There were multiple changes to his record before stepping into the octagon for his debut, and Menifield said he was fired up by the fact he couldn’t get a good read on his opponent.
“The dude has three records,” Menifield said in his post-fight interview with Paul Felder. “It pissed me off and it just made me furious.”
Up-to-the-minute results of UFC Fight Night 207 include:
- Alonzo Menifield def. Askar Mozharov via TKO (elbows) – Round 1, 4:40
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz def. Felice Herrig via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:01
- Joe Solecki def. Alex Da Silva via majority decision (28-28, 28-27, 29-27)
- Damon Jackson def. Dan Argueta via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Benoit Saint-Denis def. Niklas Stolze via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:32
- Tony Gravely def. Johnny Munoz Jr. via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:08
- Jeff Molina def. Zhalgas Zhumagulov via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)
- Rinat Fakhretdinov def. Andreas Michailidis via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Erin Blanchfield def. JJ Aldrich via submission (standing guillotine choke) – Round 2, 2:38
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.